VISA & TRAVEL
Do I need a visa to enter the UAE?
- If you are a GCC citizen: No entry visa is required.
- If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you will be issued with a free-of-charge visit visa upon entry: Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and the Vatican State.
- If you are a citizen of any other countries, you will need to apply for a visa through your nearest UAE embassy. In some cases, your airline may be able to help you. An eye scan will be required at the airport.
Click here to visit the AD Airport Immigration and Visa site
- Public transportation systems in Abu Dhabi include the Abu Dhabi public buses, taxis, and-metered taxis traverse most of Abu Dhabi city. Getting around Abu Dhabi is easy and taxis are reasonably priced and plentiful and can be flagged down at the roadside or booked by phone through the TransAD hotline 600 535353.
- Shopping centres have specific taxi stands, and most Abu Dhabi roads are equipped with taxi drop-off / pick-up areas. To get to the airport, you can use regular taxis, as well as specially registered airport taxis and limo services, which can be more expensive. If the meter is used, the average journey into town from the airport costs AED 70 – 80 (approx US$ 30).
- Abu Dhabi’s modern air-conditioned buses operate round-the-clock. The service is easy to use, with passengers hopping in and out of any bus by placing two Dirham coins in the collection box next to the driver. If you are planning to use the bus on a regular basis, day passes – monthly passes at AED 80 (US$ 21.8) are also available.
Click here to visit the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority What to do site
Click here to visit the Abu Dhabi International Airport's Discover AD site